Comprehensive TCM healthy weight loss treatment
TCM weight loss treatment is using acupuncture technique to stimulate the acupuncture points in the abdominal and the limbs, increase the metabolism of belly, waist, arms and thighs, burn stubborn subcutaneous fat tissue, and increase healthy muscle density and skin firmness. Coped with diet therapy, Chinese medicine, ear acupuncture and cupping therapy, this comprehensive treatment can effectively control appetite and improve eating habits, reduce the absorption of sugar and fat, and achieve healthy weight loss.
Our registered TCM physicians will treat patients according to their specific conditions and formulate appropriate weight loss treatments. We will also provide personalized TCM weight loss dietary recommendations based on the clients' physique, which will help improve weight management.
Our TCM Weigh Loss Treatment includes:
Ear acupoint therapy: control appetite and target fat accumulation caused by endocrine disorders
- 1-1 consultation with a Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner
- Abdominal and limb acupuncture therapy: burns stubborn subcutaneous fat tissue
- Customized soup pack by our Chinese Medicine Practitioner
Other TCM weight loss can be added according to individual physique and symptom, including:
- Cupping therapy to reduce edema
- TCM tea, soup and diet therapy to achieve a comprehensive health and slimming effect
- Face acupuncture, back acupuncture, and prescription Chinese medicine can simultaneously treat other diseases that cause weight gain
Treatment of obesity/overweight with TCM weight loss treatment
Chinese and Western classification/positioning of obesity/overweight:
According to pathogenesis and etiology, obesity can be divided into simple (95%) and secondary.
- Simple obesity: refers to more calories intake than consumption, and the calories are stored in the body in the form of fat. Obesity is the main clinical symptom, which can be accompanied by body metabolism disorders, but no obvious problems in neurological, endocrine and physical aspects .
- Secondary (endocrine) obesity: obesity related to endocrine, divided into hypothalamic disease, pituitary disease, islet disease, hypothyroidism, adrenal hyperfunction, hypogonadism, etc.. Due to severe slowdown in body metabolism, it is difficult to achieve results with general weight loss methods such as diet and exercise.
SYT Wellness’s TCM weight loss treatment will tailor a suitable TCM treatment for you according to the pathogenesis and cause of obesity.
- Weight: in "kg", the subject stands on the scale with an empty stomach in the morning and keeps body balance, and read the weight value.
- Body Mass Index (BMI): The World Health Organization recommends BMI to measure the degree of obesity. The formula is to divide the height (meters) by weight (kg) squared. Adults BMIshould be maintained at the range between 18.5(kg/m2) and24.9(kg/m2 ). Being too thin, too heavy or too fat are harmful to health. Studies have shown that overweight or obesity (BMI≧24.9) is the main risk factor for chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and malignant tumors.
- Percent body fat (PBF): PBF=(total weight of fat content/total quality)× 100%. The subject wakes up in the morning and on an empty stomach, stands in the middle of the weight scale, keeps his body in balance, and reads the PBF value.
- Waist Circumference (WC): Take "cm" as the unit, reflecting the comprehensive index of total fat and fat distribution. The subject stood upright with his hands drooping, and his feet 25-30 cm apart. The measurement site is 1 cm above the navel, surrounded by a horizontal direction for a complete cycle, and the accuracy range is within 0.1 cm.
- Waist-to-hip ratio (WHR): Both waist and hip circumferences use "cm" as unit. The subject stands upright, hands drooping, and feet close together. The waist circumference and hip circumference are measured separately. The measurement method of hip circumference is the largest hip circumference along the buttocks with a soft ruler, and the accuracy range is within 0.1 cm.
- Serum leptin (leptin, LEP): LEP mainly depends on the total amount and distribution of subcutaneous fat, and the degree of obesity is proportional.
TCM weight loss treatment mechanism:
The TCM weight-loss treatment is mainly based on the TCM's syndrome differentiation method, with the principle of adjusting the spleen and stomach function and endocrine function, to combine disease differentiation, syndrome differentiation and symptomatic treatment in one treatment. The commonly used TCM weight-loss treatments includes acupuncture and moxibustion, ear-acupoint treatment, acupoint thread-embedding method, and comprehensive acupuncture and moxibustion (such as body acupuncture plus ear acupoints treatment, moxibustion plus cupping, etc.). TCM weight loss treatment is generally conducted once a day or every other day, totaling 10 times in a course of treatment, with a treatment period of 1-3 months.
Common primary diseases associated with obesity:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS):
- One of the most common gynecological endocrine diseases, with characteristic of clinical or biochemical manifestations of excessive androgen, persistent anovulation and ovarian polycystic changes, and often accompanied by insulin resistance and obesity. TCM weight loss treatment starts with the regulation of human endocrine, which regulating the body's endocrine function as a whole, and simultaneously treat symptoms and signs. In order to achieve long-term fundamental curative effects, it is often combined with TCM weight loss acupuncture and moxibustion treatment, which treats both internally and externally.
- Obesity associated with female menopausal syndrome: Obesity is an endocrine and metabolic problem mainly caused by imbalanced calorie consumption and metabolism. Due to the decline of ovarian function and the decrease of estrogen, problems are caused on the endocrine, nerve and blood vessel functions. Studies have shown that acupuncture and moxibustion for weight loss treatment in traditional Chinese medicine can increase the E2 (estradiol) content of patients, reduce the content of LH (luteinizing hormone), FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), and delay the aging of body system function, balance endocrine, increase calorie consumption and metabolism.
- Central type (apple type) obesity: Central obesity or apple-shaped body is characterized by that the limbs are not fat and the weight is not overweight, but there is a big belly, the wide waist. They are more likely to have diabetes and cardiovascular problems (70% higher) than some people with strong limbs, normal waist circumference, and overweight. Because in patients with central obesity, metabolism and vascular sclerosis is more seriously affected by fat accumulates in the internal organs. Central obesity can be regarded as a clinical sign of insulin resistance. Abdominal acupuncture in the treatment of weight loss in traditional Chinese medicine has the ability to stimulate the body's self-regulation by adjusting the functions of the viscera at acupoints in the abdomen. Among them, acupoints such as the four abdominal acupoints , Tianshu, Qi, Daheng, Shangrheu, Shuidao, Taiyi, etc. Acupuncture and moxibustion can induce qi and return to the origin, help digestion and resolve stagnation, mediate dampness and phlegm, and promote yang and nourish qi. TCM weight-loss treatment can also helps warm the kidneys, nourish the essence, and strengthen the body. Research data shows that the obesity index, blood glucose index, and TCM syndrome scores of patients in the study group after treatment were significantly better than those of the control group.
- Obesity-related nephropathy: There is no record of "Obesity-related nephropathy" (ORG) in traditional Chinese medicine. According to clinical manifestations, it can be classified into categories such as "deficiency", "edema", "guange", and "drugging". At present, most researches believe that ORG is caused by deficiency of the spleen and kidney, and manifest in the phlegm, turbidity, blood stasis and toxin. There are studies on the treatment of five syndrome types: spleen deficiency and dampness type, stomach heat and dampness type, liver stasis and qi stagnation type, spleen and kidney deficiency type (kidney and spleen yang deficiency), and Yin deficiency and internal heat type. The five types were respectively given Modified Junzi Decoction, Modified Fangfeng Tongsheng Powder, Modified Chaihu Shugan Powder, Modified Jisheng Shenqi Pill and Modified Zhibai Dihuang Pill, for treatment of 3 months. The results showed that the observation group's laboratory indicators BMI, WC, and blood lipids (Blood TC, TG, LDL-C) are significantly improved compared to the control group, and the clinical treatment effect and the curative effect of TCM syndromes are significantly better than the control group.
- Fatty liver: Obesity has become the main cause of fatty liver. Generally, the more obese the more likely it is to produce fatty liver . The most effective clinical treatment method is to use traditional Chinese medicine exercises and weight-loss diet therapy to make the patients' living habits healthier, and to reduce the patient's fat by increasing the amount of exercise and controlling the diet, so as to achieve the purpose of disease prevention and control. Traditional Chinese medicine believes that fatty liver disease is generally caused by uncontrolled diet and poor daily habits, which resulted in phlegm and dampness and accumulation of fat in the liver. Therefore, it is necessary to remove blood stasis and dredge the collaterals for patients in the process of weight loss treatment in traditional Chinese medicine, and dietary conditioning can be used to reduce the cholesterol content in the patient's body.
TCM weight loss treatment can help you achieve healthy weight loss, and it can also improve the primary diseases associated with obesity. If you are interested in TCM weight loss treatment or want to know more, please make an appointment!